Sunday, October 18, 2009

INTRODUCTION

Dictionary.com (Wow, remember the days when we used to say Webster's?) defines the word 'epic' as: heroic; majestic; impressively great. As a fan of the band Hanson, one often hears this word used (by the real hardcore Hanson fans, known as Fansons) to describe pretty much any action by said band members Isaac, Taylor, and Zac. Often this word is misused in this context. My good friend Cherie and I find this very amusing. Hence the title of this blog, Epic Journeys - again a complete misuse of this word.

After rediscovering Hanson last April (thanks Cherie), I have attended two tours (a total of 7 shows), and have faced a range of reactions from many of you that may read this blog: disbelief, amusement, disgust, etc. Let me set a few things straight right now.

1. Hanson are no longer little boys, they are married men with children of their own.
2. MmmBop is not their only song, although I still love it and know every word.
3. I am not a groupie, nor am I a Fanson, although I have been known to jump around and scream like an 11 year old girl at their shows.
4. I have, however, traveled to Tennessee, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Indiana, Illinois, and New York to see them in concert and have walked a mile barefoot with them in 4 different cities. (see www.takethewalk.net)
5. They have inspired me in many ways, and I know I am a better person today, and the world is a little bit of a better place, because of it.

The purpose of this blog is not to convince anyone about the merits of Hanson. I don't care if you like them or not. As a friend once said, "It's ok, you just don't get it!" I simply wanted to share a glimpse into one of my journeys on a Hanson tour. At the very least I hope you are amused, even if it is at my expense. Perhaps you may even think differently about this band I love so much *gasp!* when all is said and done.

2 comments:

  1. Renee, I see you about to burst with the glitter of joy you disperse and run into through your travels. I look forward to joining you for future shows...and will continue to follow your epic journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete