Tuesday, November 10, 2009

HEADING HOME

Although the temptation to stay for the second Chicago show was great, reality set in, and so I resigned myself to the fact that I was heading home. It's probably a good thing, as I spent three days in bed when arriving home, trying to recover enough to take Ryan to Clifton Park, NY to see the show. It's always nice to come home, but it does take a period of adjustment. Going on these tours, even for a short time, well, it's a different world. I can act immature, I can do what I want, I have no responsibilities. It's nice to be in that place sometimes. I struggle with the thought that I am too old to be doing these things, that probably 90% of the people at these shows are in their twenties (and that is the target demographic for this band), that I get ridiculed for even liking this band in the first place, but when it comes down to it - I don't care what people think. Cherie says everyone has their "thing", and this is my thing.

There is this wonderful song from the Broadway play "Wicked" called "For Good". It begins: "I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn, and we are led to those who help us most to grow..." Well I have grown since learning about this band. They have inspired me and influenced my life in ways too personal to share, so if the result of that is a little (or a lot!) of ribbing from others, then bring it! I'll always be grateful to them.

My next post will be about my trip with my son to Clifton Park, and then, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment